- Make sure that when hiring your projector television for your race nite, you try to get the biggest screen for your venue.
- Ensure that your tote sellers are placed in a good position in the room for everyone to see them.
- A good Master of Ceremonies is a must! Someone who is a ‘character’ in your charity usually works well.
- Try to get people who are selling tickets to not only be efficient but have a bit of personality to persuade the punters to part with more money!
- Try to arrange for plenty of change for the float for the ticket sellers.
- Obtain sponsorship from local companies.
- Ensure that punters know where to buy their tickets and about the payout.
- Make sure the MC informs everyone how much the betting stake is, usually 50p or £1.
- Make sure that everyone has a race card.
- Your MC will read out the names of the horses at the start of each race. He can also add some banter about the outsiders, favourites etc. Also mention things like the going is firm etc to give it a ‘real’ feel.
- The tote is very important and needs to be run efficiently. We suggest that you have four members selling tote tickets on each race. Each seller can sell tickets for two horses. A good idea is to have a separate pay out point for the winning horse.
Your percentage is taken out for your charity and the winnings then divided between the lucky punters. Once the race has finished, the dividend is announced and the punters collect their winnings.
- Once the betting is finished, the Tote has to be closed. One of the customers selects one of the races and the seal is broken in front of everyone. The race is then played.
- During the race, the ticket sellers can calculate the winnings. We provide a simple pay-out calculator to help you with this.
- Round up to the nearest 10p so it is easier for the ticket sellers.
- Allow plenty of time before the next race. We suggest 20 minutes as it avoids people rushing and also generates revenue in the bar!
- It is important to remember to thank everyone involved in your event at the end of the evening.
MORE IMPORTANTLY ENJOY YOUR EVENING!!
When we ran our own race nite we found we were unable to make a profit because of the costs involved from the service providers. This is when we decided to create our own business. We managed to find some great races and put together a package for our customers that we consider good value for money. Using our company, you are able to make a profit with only a small number of punters.
We hope our racenite services meets your expectations and if not, we are always interested in good or bad feedback . Please email us at ……… if you wish to comment on any of our services.